Author Topic: MS Flight Beta  (Read 2722 times)

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
MS Flight Beta
« on: December 13, 2011, 20:02:53 »

Hi,

you can apply for the MS Flight Beta Testing:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Greets

Tom

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
Re: MS Flight Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 17:07:31 »
They have published a new video, really interesting if you press PAUSE sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5xJImWUdA-E

sulz132

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 19:37:39 »
To be brutally honest.......this new MFS is completely rubbish, looks like it is aimed at zoo animals.

Offline flyer31

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • CEO Virtual Qantas Airways
  • Awards Winter Supply Award Carribean Gold Award Canadian WRC Award Gold UK WRC Award Gold 100% Pax Satisfaction Award QFA French WRC Gold Award GermanWRC Silver Award Australian WRC Gold Award
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:55:02 »
Here's a nice read:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4317/microsoft-flight-behind-scenes-at-microsoft-studios/

Love the comments at the end of the article

Cheers

Dematic24224041

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:16:36 »
The initial responce from a wide audiance of the sim world for this new developing sim is one of complete disappointment.
If what I have read and heard to be true I for one will be sticking to Fs9 and Fsx, at the very least with Fs9 and Fsx there is still new developed 3 party add-ons to enhance my FS experance.

Chris

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:23:56 »

I am not in beta yet, but I think it will be like with the default FSX.

My FSX, without all the addons, it would be also rubbish for me and I would loose the mood for flying. In my FSX is nothing original anymore, the sky, the water, ground, airports, the aircrafts I fly.

In the video I could see a aircraft with a few buttons in the VC. Is it possible to make a VA flight with them?  ;)

I am nosy how the MS Flight is, but much more interested how the addons will be and how long they will need to develop them. Remember, how long PMDG needed to release the NGX...  :-\

Tom

Dematic24224041

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:46:38 »
Below is a qoute out of the article that flyer31 posted

The game will feature its own marketplace, with content regulated by Microsoft. There will be no software development kit and hence no user created content.  The Live marketplace allows for constant content flow and users that opt-in to share data, allow the team to react to user behaviors to improve the game and add more of what users want. It also allows for quicker response to user requests, fixes and general improvements. On top of that, integration with the Microsoft Flight® website offers a more direct link between team and users.

This would suggest with no SDK the on-line comunity such as skysimflight vatsim and other tracking sites will not be able to develop add-ons for tracking software also the likes of pmdg, justflight, and all the othere developers will not be able to create add-ons.
MS want to monopolise the market.

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 09:10:42 »
Below is a qoute out of the article that flyer31 posted

This would suggest with no SDK the on-line comunity such as skysimflight vatsim and other tracking sites will not be able to develop add-ons for tracking software also the likes of pmdg, justflight, and all the othere developers will not be able to create add-ons.
MS want to monopolise the market.

I assumed that.  :(

In the crisis the working group for MS Flight Simulation was stopped. I think they only got the allowance to start again to develop something to make money, priority number one.
I can see this trend in many companies, 'quality' is second-rated.

Offline flyer31

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • CEO Virtual Qantas Airways
  • Awards Winter Supply Award Carribean Gold Award Canadian WRC Award Gold UK WRC Award Gold 100% Pax Satisfaction Award QFA French WRC Gold Award GermanWRC Silver Award Australian WRC Gold Award
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 12:17:30 »
Here's what MSF looks like when you play it on your xbox.....(lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVgUuDY1UjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhZkBOGDT0

dundrum

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20:06 »
X-Box....that says it all........... ;D

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • www.we-fly-you-relax.com
  • Awards Winter Supply Award 100% Pax Satisfaction Award  SKA
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:24 »
sorry to interrupt this nice Gents conversation but you wont get it on Xbox it isnt planed to be released so far.

Mike

Offline C-Dove

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • Awards Winter Supply Award
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 15:44:23 »
I predict that microsoft will attempt to follow the gaming console trend of making you pay through the nose for a bare bones peice of gaming software and then force you to pay $8.99 for each addon you want to bring the game up to what it should be for the price you initially pay.  This is why I don't bother with my ps3 anymore unless it is for blueray or music.  And these my friends are the reasons economies all over the world are faultering.  GREED!

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 20:05:30 »

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
  • Awards German WRC Competitor
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 12:00:57 »
I expected that it would turn out like that with Flight!

Maybe MS should rename the program to Flight?  :laugh:

Of course it is tempting to produce more revenue with such a popular program.

I think we will stay for some years with FSX (maybe later include X Plane 10 should it be better than Flight!)