Author Topic: 9/11 - 10 years later  (Read 1380 times)

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • www.we-fly-you-relax.com
  • Awards Winter Supply Award 100% Pax Satisfaction Award  SKA
9/11 - 10 years later
« on: September 11, 2011, 16:25:16 »
It was the 11TH of September 2001 and i was on the Highway with my Truck driving home. My Mobile rings and a good friend of mine who is American was on the phone, he said "a aircraft crashed into World Trade Center".

I answered no way! I expected a Cessna or something similar with a technical problem that crashed into the Tower.
My friend said no it was a 767...a short moment there was silence and then i replied to him "this isn't just a accident".
When i reached home i switched on TV and saw this indescribable pictures, a big hole in the North Tower and black smoke everywhere.
I said to my self, there is enough time to rescue the people who still be in the Tower and may have been cut off from the way downstairs. Keep stare at the TV i was shocked when i saw a second aircraft impact into South Tower and i Felt like in a Hollywood movie. No this ain't a movie that's the worst day in the history i said to my self.

In the 10 years of my time as a volunteer Firefighter i knew at this point this wont be a quick rescue for the people in the WTC.
Spending the hole time in front of TV hoping to hear that all people have been evacuated was the only thing in mind but this hasn't been come true. I saw people jumping out of the Towers into their death and there was no way to keep them save from doing that, in the next moment the first Tower collapse and i couldn't keep my tears back.
This may sound sensitive to some of you but i just think that it is human at this moment when you watch people jumping out of 87Th floor and a building goes down even there are a lot people inside and the only thing what you cant do is helping.
Still in hope that this wont happen to the second Tower, within 2 hours the south Tower collapsed also and buried a vast number of people under it.

I watched the Memorial today at New York on CNN and it showed that even 10 years later we wont forget what happened on 9/11 2001.
This is a tragedy and cant be described, but all i want to say is that my thoughts and condolences going to the people who died and to those who lost their loved ones.

One last thing i may want to add, all the Soldiers and innocent people who died in the war after 9/11 wont bring the lost ones back from WTC and its always a question if there isn't a better way to deal with things, but one is for sure those who have been killed in this war, deserve my condolence as well for trying to fallow the orders of the system they are serving for.

God bless the lost souls and gives strength to their families.

Regards Mike

p.s. I did this post not to start a political or religious discussion, it was meant to be a little wink and hold on for 1 minute.

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
Re: 9/11 - 10 years later
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:56 »
This was a very momentous occasion for everyone around the world to see the effects of an attack on a famous building not to just America, but the rest of the world too. Everytime I've flown up in FSX to New York City and even flying there to Laguardia Airport in real life, I always look towards Manhattan where the two towers once stood so high in the sky, but no more. For Asheville Air, flying up to NYC is special to us just as every other major hub is, but NYC has its special place for everyone here in America in our VA. We will move on from this event and remember those that risked their lives to save others in the WTC, in the Pentagon, and on United 93 which crashed in Shanksville, PA.

Let's remember,
Patric
Asheville Air
Flight Engineer
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci