Author Topic: SSF on the road - FS Weekend in Lelystad  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
  • Awards German WRC Competitor
SSF on the road - FS Weekend in Lelystad
« on: October 08, 2013, 18:48:31 »
Hello guys,

just to inform you on this event. FS Weekend in Lelystad (Netherlands)

I will visit this one and will inform in the forums on interesting things...

Cheers
Chas

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
Re: SSF on the road - FS Weekend in Lelystad
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 20:00:08 »
Hello all,

as promised some information on this event.
Weekend started Friday with a "real" surprise. Had hotel-room 747 at the airport hotel.  ;D

The event took place at EHLE an airport 50 km west of Amsterdam Schiphol. They have some really nice planes there including a B747-200 and the very detailed 1:1 scale model of Amsterdam airport back in 1928. Really fascinating!!! No jetways nor metal detectors or luggage belts..... 

Will post some pictures later as well but you can get a real good impression of the museum here: including a walkaround in- and ouside the museum. (Make sure to click the photos as well).

The exhibition took place benath and around the exposed aircraft which really made a good atmosphere.
Besides lots of VATSIM/IVAO pilots flying the main impression I had was that cockpit builders were everyhwere. Ranging from static cockpits up to motion platforms covering the whole pricerange as well. 

...tbc...

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 20:28:06 »
Maybe not everybody's interest but FS Classics is working on a complete scenery covering D-Days operation overlord.

They showed some footage of the scenery and it is really amazing. Unfortunately the footage is not yet available on the internet.

I was told a good part of it will be available as freeware.... so this is something to follow in the future.

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 20:31:06 »
VRInsight builds semi-scale   overhead and other controls. Of course they don't look like the real thing but still give a good haptic feeling... (and are somewhat "cheaper")

Offline Chewbacca84

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 20:51:42 »
Chas FranceVFR have already made a package called Normandy 1944 http://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-normandy-1944.phtml and the SSF outing sounded good just a bit too far for me to travel.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit / Intel I7-3770k oc 4.5ghz / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard / 16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory / Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 Silent CPU Cooler / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M 4096MB Graphics Card / 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 21:09:09 »
One guy showed his home built 3DOF motion platform....   Material cost approx. 1000 €.

Follow his project here

This is last years video footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpV8G3OklAo

Offline KC135

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 17:43:55 »
That looks like it was a lot of fun! Very interesting new items & changes, I see.
  Looking forward to seeing more of them!  :)
KC135  :)