Author Topic: Boeing 777  (Read 3243 times)

Offline bozzze

• Pilot
  • VA name:
  • Awards Most Profitable Awarded To RSQ
Boeing 777
« on: January 20, 2013, 17:35:08 »
I mean that everybody flying Boeing 777 faster than 530 kt (groundspeed) probably is sheeting with the realistic settings, and flying with constantly overspeed.
And therefore its no fun flying here at this server.

Iknow, sometimes you go faster,, without sheeting, tailwinds, but NEVER always !

Have a good day !
/bosse

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
Re: Boeing 777
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:23 »
Just depends on the circumstances. You have to take everything into account obviously. I've flown everything from 737s up to A380 past 600 gs kts just because of extreme tailwinds at high altitude.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this,
Patric
AVL Pilot
737-800 Captain
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci

JetA1

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:05 »
Hi,

In my experience with flying fsx, fs9 and on flight tracking servers is there are so many diffrent contabuting factors as to why your aircraft might perform differently to others such as what type of 777 they have installed.
To say people are cheating is in my opinion jumping to conclusions with out knowing all the facts.
And I am more than sure the admins are keeping a visual on all flight activity and will deal with any suspected cheating

Regards

Jet

Offline bozzze

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 14:49:58 »
Yes you are right guys  ;)
but its a bit sad that SOFT allow us to make our settings no realistic, I mean to set that aircraft dont
crasch with to much stressing, and never crasch with much overspeed.

Of course some people are cheating with that, and its no fun to fly here when you CAN do that.
 ;)

JetA1

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 15:12:37 »
I'm sure if the majority of people are unhappy with others not setting the realistic to detect over speed and crashes, I'm sure the developer can add this in to SOFTS in the same way that unlimited fuel needs to be set to off before pax can load

Regards

Jet

Offline collegeroad

• Site Admin
  • VA name:
  • Awards Most Profitable Awarded To PIA All Legs Completed
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 15:47:12 »
Bozzze,
 If Chas was to add alot of things to make it very lifelike I'm sure it would turn alot of people away so he has implemented a few things that were suggested in the past by former Admins, TBH at the moment SOFTS is running as it should and I doubt Chas would put too much emphases on real life in aviation into SOFTS as he wants people to have fun and enjoy themselves.

Fly enjoy yourself take no notice what others are doing.

Collegeroad

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
  • Awards German WRC Competitor
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 19:25:31 »
Hello Pilots,

as Collegeroad pointed out the existing settings on the client are a compromise which has build over some years now. Although desirable a closer monitoring of the performance is subject to two things:

- different behaviour of addons
- a good balance between fun and professionalim.

So to find the right balance obviously can not satisfy all expectations. We had some other checks in the past enabled as well. (e.g. speeding below 10.000 feet) but that was a constant source of discussions.

But as I plan to resume development on the client in the near future I will place a questionaire on the forums in due time to find out where the emphasis lays at your side and what you would like to see implemented an monitored.

We can surely discuss some parameters. Nothing is carved in stone if the majority of the users asks for it. But this of course is always subject to technical boundaries and an evaluation of effort and added-value....

Cheers

Chas

Offline bozzze

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 19:26:15 »
Okay, I understand collegeroad  ;)

Offline bozzze

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 19:31:34 »
Okay  Chas_Smash, would be great if you make SOFT to mark the two boxes "Aircraft stress causes damage"
and "Allow collisions with other aircraft"

Cheers
/Bosse

Offline bozzze

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 21:17:41 »
Yes, that would be fair and good sb_flyboy, a bonus linked to realism would be great !

;) :)

Offline elyaque

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:18 »
As an illustration of impacts of strong tail wings :

Very strong Jet Streams blowing today. This A380 is flying with a speed of 1252 km/h.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/294700384822382592/photo/1