Author Topic: AVL Is Not A Complete Loss  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
AVL Is Not A Complete Loss
« on: May 22, 2014, 20:52:25 »
Hey guys! I know it has been a long time since you have seen my face around the dark corners of the forums here on SSF, but I just wanted to clarify a few misconceptions and some questions you may have had about AVL.

First off, for those of you who don't know, AVL is Asheville Air, one of the most prestigious and leading airlines that once flew the skies of SSF for over two years between 2010 and 2012. Our founder, Zoomer has dealt with some health scares over the past two years since we have kind of gone defunct on here. Just to let you know, for quite some time AVL members had been wanting to move on and expand to something bigger and this is where we eventually unofficially left SSF back in late 2012. We decided that it would be best to keep it on here as a backup. Mind you, we wanted to move on to greener pastures and did not intend on completely deserting AVL. Now, a majority of our members fly with other VAs and we moved onto VA Financials to fly as a brand new airline: Piedmont Virtual. Shortly after its founding, not many members have flown due to new job opportunities and life changing moments that were not intended. Should our subscription to VA Financials run out or we just cant find members to keep the VA afloat, we may come back here to SSF and join back with you guys. We did not leave SSF under any ill will other than the fact that a majority of our members ran across issues on their PCs with SOFTS and this only occurred on our side of SSF for some odd reason and none of the fix options given to us simply worked. This led to our departure in 2012 for the most part and the need for a new VA software. We may return, so please do not lose all hope on AVL and our mission to fly the virtual skies. We thank you for all your support since our start here in 2010 and we will notify if such a return will happen in the coming months.

Thanks for your support,
Patric/Ganon136
Captain at Piedmont Virtual and RealFSX Pilot
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci