Author Topic: So how is everyone?  (Read 2191 times)

Offline The Trooper

• Pilot
  • VA name:
So how is everyone?
« on: October 29, 2013, 15:34:14 »
Hi all!

I'm not new here but I'm sure very few people will remember me, I never come on but I just thought I'd pop in to catch up  ;pty3 Bit of background: Back in 2008 (or something like that) I joined the infamous SimFly.EU as ezy6495, y'know, the annoying little geordie kid  ;D

So let me reintroduce myself. My name is Alex and I became very enthusiastic about aviation at the age of 12, not sure why, it just hit me, and I spent pretty much every available opportunity playing FS9, then stumbled across simfly. Met some awesome people on there over a couple of years and gradually gained respect, not being seen so much as the annoying geordie kid anymore ;)

Anyone who used that website will probably remember its unfortunate fate. Some of the respected regulars on there teamed up and started this fantastic website that you find yourself on right now. Shout-out to Ted (UK122) if you are still lurking here, cheers for the encouragement to be a part of the great team of admins on this site. I actually did take up the role for a while but decided I didn't  have the time to put into the site, so I thought it would be best to pass the role onto someone who could offer more.

Bit about myself in present day. I'm now 19 so a very different person to what I was when I got into online flight simming. I'm a keen musician and have been lucky enough to meet my favourite YouTuber (a guitarist, guitar brand CEO and gear reviewer) 4 times this year and even be invited into his home  :D I've just started a degree in Sound Engineering and I'm currently planning on doing a CBT and getting myself a motorcycle for transport and a new hobby  8) I haven't had much time at all to play FSX, but my passion for aviation has never died and I've just got a new Saitek joystick so hopefully it'll come back to me  ;)

Sorry for the quite long post, just thought it was time to stick my head in once again and see how everyone is getting on :) If anyone reads this who originally started on SimFly, or even better, remembers who I am, come and say hello  ;pty2

Offline collegeroad

• Site Admin
  • VA name:
  • Awards Most Profitable Awarded To PIA All Legs Completed
Re: So how is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 16:55:50 »
Hi Trooper (Alex),
 Wondered what happened to you as you did not stay long on the site as Trooper so I presume we will see you fly sometime soon, Welcome Back !!!

Collegeroad

Offline XRAY

• Pilot
  • VA name:
  • Awards Most Profitable Awarded To RSQ All Legs Completed Winter Supply Award Carribean Bronze Award Canadian WRC Award Bronze UK WRC Award Silver French WRC Competitor German WRC Competitor
Re: So how is everyone?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 12:23:27 »
Welcome back