Author Topic: AVL Is Back In Business  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
AVL Is Back In Business
« on: June 22, 2017, 20:33:33 »
Hello fellow SSF members,

It's been years, but I would like to personally say thanks to the staff for allowing AVL to stay on here even regarding our absence for the past several years. AVL was formed around the idea of community and community flying. Due to some circumstances where many members ran into SOFTS issues, we were forced to move to a new platform over on VAFinancials where we made our new home as Piedmont Air Virtual. Many of our members became too busy to fly or had other opportunities come up in life. Some went on to fly real aircraft and one of our members is now an actual airline pilot for American Airlines. Without the support we got starting up everything here at SSF, we wouldn't continue to have the flying bug we have today. Even though we left for a short time, we decided after our subscription expired over on VAFS it was time to return. Several us may be returning to the flight sim community over here on our original home of SSF. We will be looking for new pilots to join us here very soon and would love to become active in the greater SSF community once again. If you have any questions or can point us in the right direction for a new TS3 or Discord, we would be glad to rejoin the family again and catch up just like old times. After finishing the North to South event many years ago with Collegeroad and others, I knew I always would have a community to come back to. Now as the official CEO of AVL Virtual, we will be rebranding ourselves here very soon, expanding our fleet, gathering our community, and building back to our old glory days. Thanks everyone and we will see you in the blue skies again very soon!

Thanks,
Patric C.
Ganon136
CEO of Asheville Air "2.0"
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
Re: AVL Is Back In Business
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 21:15:41 »

Coming Back New Very Soon...
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • www.we-fly-you-relax.com
  • Awards Winter Supply Award 100% Pax Satisfaction Award  SKA
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:11 »

Hey mate!

great to see AVL back in the skies ;)

hope you doing fine Patric, i remember the old days when we talked on TS....

Greets Mike

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 23:06:12 »
Thanks Mike (NoiZ). Where do you guys actually get to voice chat with each other these days? A new TS3 or Discord somewhere? I miss chatting with you guys. I know I had you on Skype for the longest time and still might. Don't remember.

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:49 »

Hey Patric,

to be honest i only have contact to few pilots on skype but TS is gone for a long while.

Greets Mike

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
  • Awards German WRC Competitor
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 15:06:15 »
Hello,

unfortunately the TS server was never really used that much which led me to decommission it a few years ago.

I might be put it on in the future again.

Cheers
Chas

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:57 »

Hi Chas,

what about that Jabber thingy? is that a alternate solutuion?

greets Mike

Offline Chas_Smash

• Founder
  • VA name:
  • Awards German WRC Competitor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 21:17:46 »
...hmmm not really suitable in my belief.

I think we'll return to TS in due time.

Cheers
Chas

Offline Ganon136

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 00:31:33 »
Discord is 100% free and just as reliable as TS3