Author Topic: nothing works  (Read 3477 times)

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • Hold on and Have a good flight.
nothing works
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:33:44 »
I cant get a thing to work on this site cant fly or check my VA what am I doing wrong on the front page log in dont work about ready to give up

Glenn

Re: nothing works
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 01:51:31 »
Hi,

The site is working fine at the moment, I just checked it myself...are you using IE or firefox to use the site...also, have you tried reloading...I know these are things you probably tried but gotta ask anyway..

Cheers Glenn.

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:34:10 »
I am useing IE 8 I cant get to our VA stuff there is no link for it I sign in on the main page and nothing happens not sure whats going on.

Glenn

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:38:20 »
Hi,

My advice is to drop IE (as its rubbish ) and try using Firefox....there is an ongoing problem with IE at the moment with this site and many many more due to a messed up update from microsoft...try it with Firefox and let us know how you get on.

Cheers Glenn.

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:36 »
Not sure whats going on but firefox doing the same thing it use to work fine not a windows 7 thing is it.

ted

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:58:58 »
Hi Hardlander,

OK, my guess is its a question of permissions in your browsers.

The site uses Java and Flash so you need those installed, if you don't have them, get them here...

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

It's not a Windows 7 thing (I use it myself) but in IE8 a couple of things don't display/work correctly so I agree with Glenn, Firefox is the best option.

The sign-in on the home page does work in Firefox, sign in then go click the 'All Pilots' button. You should see the amount of personal money/fuel you have and a box to buy/sell more. The sign in doesn't change (still asks you to login, but that will be fixed soon.

If you don't already, try running your browser as administrator, that might help.

It's a seperat login for the forums, but that obviously works for you as you can post here.

Hope that helps a bit,

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 15:26:42 »
Ok It must be my computer at home i just tried it from work and it's ok just take a little longer to find things then it did before like open flights, and getting to your va's planes. OK i will try it again when i get home thanks for the help.
Dennis "Hardlander"

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:06:12 »
Thanks guys I reinstalled Java and flash player and it's all working fine now Thanks for your help.

Glenn

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:45:30 »
Glad to see things are working for you again.....happy flying!

Cheers Glenn.

Offline Talha

• Pilot
  • VA name:
  • Awards 100% Pax Satisfaction Award RBV
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:58 »
I have the same problem, I can seem to log in, Im using firefox win 7 and have those downloads mentioned already installed on my system. Whats going on this was all working fine 2 days ago!?

Offline hardlander

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 13:34:45 »
Talha

After I reinstalled those programs they work fine now.