Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Update...........(If anyone really cares)  (Read 5074 times)

Offline flyer31

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • CEO Virtual Qantas Airways
  • Awards Winter Supply Award Carribean Gold Award Canadian WRC Award Gold UK WRC Award Gold 100% Pax Satisfaction Award QFA French WRC Gold Award GermanWRC Silver Award Australian WRC Gold Award
By now most of you are aware that Microsoft announced FLIGHT, a new Games For Windows Live title, at Gamescom Germany on August 17th, 2010.
The information on their new website does not provide a lot of insight into this new platform, and of course there's been a LOT of speculation right across the FS community since the announcement.
However, we can gain a little more insight from a C|Net interview with Kevin Unangst, a senior director in Microsoft's game unit -

CNet Interview

Let me highlight some key points from that interview:

"The game is in its early development stages, with an alpha version nearly ready for internal testing, according to Kevin Unangst, a senior director in Microsoft's game unit."

"The company is offering few details on Flight, but Unangst said that it is looking to appeal to flying enthusiasts with the realism, accuracy, and fidelity they expect, but also imagines including other types of gameplay that might appeal more to novices."

"Microsoft isn't saying when to expect Flight to take off, but it likely won't be anytime soon."

"I wouldn't expect for people to see Flight in public beta this year," Unangst said."

What we can clearly establish based on that interview is:

- FLIGHT is not even in alpha yet
- FLIGHT won't be in beta until 2012
- FLIGHT is clearly aimed at a new audience including mums and dads (i.e. 'novices') which suggest a very different approach and gameplay

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • www.we-fly-you-relax.com
  • Awards Winter Supply Award 100% Pax Satisfaction Award  SKA
Re: Microsoft Flight Update...........(If anyone really cares)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 23:29:41 »
some news from MS Flight, as long as they believe it is good then all will be fine ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5sV4Ila7uQ&feature=g-all-f&context=G2ba5517FAAAAAAAACAA

greets Mike

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 18:50:52 »

'....brings the aviation to the consumers.....'

'....you don't need a joystick or a gamepad...'

'...a game...'

Offline Chewbacca84

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 19:53:42 »
They are trying so hard to right the mistake that was closing down aces studio. All they are doing now is turning us hardcore fans away
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit / Intel I7-3770k oc 4.5ghz / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard / 16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory / Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 Silent CPU Cooler / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M 4096MB Graphics Card / 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD

Offline KC135

• Pilot
  • VA name:
Microsoft Flight Update...........LAUNCHES 02/29/2012 Read here...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 21:49:39 »
February 6, 2012 – Microsoft Flight Launches February 29, 2012

Prepare for takeoff! On the heels of a successful beta, we’re excited to announce that “Microsoft Flight” will be available to download worldwide for free starting February 29, 2012, right here at www.microsoftflight.com. In addition, the Hawaiian Adventure Pack – which includes the remaining Hawaiian Islands, a new plane and 20 new missions – will be available to purchase the same day through Games for Windows—LIVE.

Microsoft Flight lets players jump into the fun, freedom, and adventure of flight with no special hardware or past experience. If you have a mouse and a PC, you can fly!

)pty1
KC135  :)

Offline Chewbacca84

• CEO
  • VA name:
Re: Microsoft Flight Update...........LAUNCHES 02/29/2012 Read here...
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 22:10:58 »
On the heels of a successful beta what success everyone that i know of tried it and says it is a waste of time
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit / Intel I7-3770k oc 4.5ghz / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard / 16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory / Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 Silent CPU Cooler / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M 4096MB Graphics Card / 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD

Offline KC135

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 22:16:27 »
On the heels of a successful beta what success everyone that i know of tried it and says it is a waste of time

Like the Cinema: Some people like the movie; while some don't. The screen shots speak for themselves.  ;pty3

KC135  :)

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 22:30:26 »
Great screenshots dont make a great game and even a bad grafik can be photoshoped to look awesome ;)

Offline Chewbacca84

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 22:37:09 »

Like the Cinema: Some people like the movie; while some don't. The screen shots speak for themselves.  ;pty3

I am sorry but i beta tested it and had all my settings maxed out and got no where near the photoshoped images that microsoft have been releasing

Offline TOM130

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 19:06:37 »

With quite high settings in FSX, REX, PMDG and other addons, my FSX looks better.

I don't think that they get more 'consumers' to buy it as FSX users.

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:

Offline Chewbacca84

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 00:52:51 »
Just a word of warning to anyone who wants to try this you will spend more time downloading it then you will flying

Offline NoiZ

• CEO
  • VA name:
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:59:24 »
depends on the connection, i posted it so anybody who wasnt a "beta tester" can now have a look and decide.
I have to be honest i didnt downloaded it cause i dont wanna try it out ;)

cheers Mike

Offline C-Dove

• CEO
  • VA name:
  • Awards Winter Supply Award
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 12:56:26 »
I agree,  nothing to see here,  now move along.

dundrum

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 13:00:26 »
I agree,  nothing to see here,  now move along.

Couldn't have put it better myself  :)

Glenn.