Author Topic: Damn U.S. economy  (Read 1800 times)

Offline OUTLAW805

• Pilot
  • VA name:
Damn U.S. economy
« on: July 02, 2011, 21:31:25 »
Sorry I haven't been flying lately. I recently and basically have become a victim of the U.S. economy....And had no choice but to sell a lot of my big belongings in my house and move out. I now have a 10' by 10' storage unit with all my valuable belongings in it, and am now staying at my best friends house, just for a short time though.

In exactly a week I leave to go to Dallas Texas for truck driving school, this is a huge career change for me. I am going to be trained to drive big rig 18 wheelers. I am going to work for a company called www.stevenstransport.com

I was a tile installer for close to 15 years and decided with the lack of work due to the crappy U.S. economy I can't go wrong with Truck driving, this company has never had a lay off in it's entire history. I will be hauling frozen/refrigerated foods all across the U.S. and Canada. And besides Tile work has made me a lot of money in the past, but that type of back breaking work has gotten a bit old for me.

Anyhow there is a good chance I will not be flying anymore. As much as I would like to. I start school on July 11th in Dallas Texas, there is a 3 week schooling course, then a 9 week trainer driving course on the road until I get my own truck. I'm at a perfect age to change careers before I get to old and it is to late. And let me tell you they have one heck of a benefits package, something I never had doing Tile.

Take care to you all and I will poke my head in now and then to see how the website is growing. Bye for now, your friend OUTLAW805 A.K.A. Steve. ;)

Dematic24224041

Re: Damn U.S. economy
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:30 »
Sorry To hear that Steve. I wish you the best of luck for the future mate

Take care hope to hear from you soon

Chris

Offline XRAY

• Pilot
  • VA name:
  • Awards Most Profitable Awarded To RSQ All Legs Completed Winter Supply Award Carribean Bronze Award Canadian WRC Award Bronze UK WRC Award Silver French WRC Competitor German WRC Competitor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 13:07:45 »
As the private message I send earlier, You stay a Pilot in CFC...

Things will get better...time and patience   ;)

Kenny

Offline OUTLAW805

• Pilot
  • VA name:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 05:26:17 »
Thanks guys, I know it will be better. I'm not the type to sit on my butt, I'm going out and learning a new skill and career. I'll keep you all updated on my progress. 8)